PATHere.org Scholarship Program aims to encourage, to support, and to reward Peruvian-American students who are about to begin their college studies in the United States for their academic achievement, educational aspirations, and their community service in the United States or in Peru. Through this program, PATHere.org seeks to motivate Peruvian-American students to pursue higher education, to deepen their attachment to their Peruvian heritage, to participate in the community, and to nurture a sense of global social responsibility.
The Scholarship Program is funded by individual donations. PATHere.org is committed to raising funds to continue and, if possible, to expand its Scholarship Program in the future. If you would like to contribute to PATHere.org’s, Scholarship Program, you can do so via Venmo or Zelle. Please make check payable to PATHERE.org and write “Scholarship Program” in the memo section. Checks should be sent to the following address:
PO Box 1122
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
PATHere.org shall conduct an annual scholarship competition granting two scholarships, each of $ 2,000.
- Be of Peruvian descent and able to provide proof of Peruvian ancestry.
- Be between the ages of 16 – 25 years old.
- Have been accepted to a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware.
- Complete the PATHere.org application and submit all requested information by the due date.
Candidates should submit their completed scholarship application package by May 18th. The Scholarship package includes the Application Form and the following information:
- Current official secondary school or academic transcript with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or B.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter should be from a teacher or school counselor of the candidate and the other letter may be from any non-family member. Candidates should provide the individuals’ names, titles, telephone numbers, and postal and electronic addresses.
- An essay in Spanish between 300 and 600 words, on a topic relating to Peru, such as its culture, history, ecology, or literature and how it has influenced the applicant’s life or career goals.
- A brief description of the applicant’s community service.
The complete application package may be submitted in one of two ways:
P.O. Box 1122
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Attention: Educational Committee
- Incomplete application packets or those received after due date May 18th will not be considered.
- Letters of recommendation are due on May 18th.
- Applicants will be notified by electronic correspondence if a personal interview is necessary.
- The award will be made payable to the educational institution that the student will attend.
- If the selected award recipient does not enroll in college by the fall of the year of the submitted application, the scholarship will be awarded to the first runner up.
- PATHere.org reserves the right not to grant an award due to lack of participation by qualified candidates and/or lack of funding.
- PATHere.org Scholarship Program Announcement by January 18th
- Scholarship Application Packet Available, January 18th
- Online Application due by May 18th
- Letters of Recommendation due by May 18th
- Scholarship Committee Review completed by July 1st
- Award Announcement, July 18th
- Award Ceremony July 28th
PATHere.org shall establish an annual Scholarship Committee to review and to assist with the selection of the winners of the scholarship competition. The committee shall have three members with community, nonprofit, business, or academic experience. Members of the Scholarship Committee shall protect the candidates’ personal information and safeguard the confidential nature of their applications and related documentation.